Retainly marketing automation software supports sending emails via Gmail SMTP services. You can configure any SMTP server details from the Sender Profiles. Some SMTP Servers offer email tracking while others don’t. However, SMTP is a very inexpensive channel to send bulk emails, both promotional and transactional. Gmail SMTP services are completely free.
You can send bulk emails using Gmail SMTP with Retainly.
What is SMTP?
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) is an Internet standard for electronic mail (email) transmission.
First of all, an SMTP server is the machine that delivers the emails you send with a mail client. And any free email provider comes with an associated free SMTP server which takes care right of its delivery process: Gmail, for instance, uses gmail.smtp.com.
Google’s Gmail SMTP server is a free SMTP service which anyone who has a Gmail account can use to send emails. You can use it with personal emails, or even with your website if you are sending emails for things such as contact forms, newsletter blasts, or notifications.
To use Gmail SMTP server, you will need the following settings for your outgoing emails:
- Outgoing Mail (SMTP Host) Server: smtp.gmail.com
- SMTP SSL: Yes (TLS or SSL depending on your mail client/website SMTP plugin)
- Port: 465 (SSL required) or 587 (TLS required)
- SMTP Username: your Gmail account (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- SMTP Password: your Gmail password
- Sender Email: your gmail address (email@example.com)
How to enable SMTP Gmail in Retainly.
Other than Gmail, many other organizations offer a free or an inexpensive SMTP service. Some of these Free SMTP Service Providers are: